Robert R. Goodman, MD, PhD, is the lead neurosurgeon at Manhattan Neurosurgery.
Board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS), Dr. Goodman specializes in neurological conditions of the adult brain, including:
In addition to his work with the practice, Dr. Goodman serves as an Associate Professor of Clinical Neurosurgery at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and New York University School of Medicine. He draws upon his 19 years of experience in Columbia University’s Department of Neurosurgery at New York-Presbyterian Hospital to provide a superior quality of care to his patients.
Dr. Goodman completed a fellowship in epilepsy surgery at the Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital. He completed his residency in neurological surgery at the Neurological Institute of New York at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, during which time he was also a visiting clinical fellow at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Goodman finished an internship in general surgery at New York–Presbyterian Hospital. He received his doctor of philosophy and doctor of medicine degrees from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, as well as his bachelor’s degree in history and science from Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Goodman’s professional affiliations include:
- The AANS/CNS Joint Section on Pain
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- The American College of Surgeons
- The American Epilepsy Society
- The American Medical Association
- The American Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- The Medical Society of the State of New York
- The New Jersey Neurosurgical Society
- The New York State Neurosurgical Society
- The Society for Neuroscience
As a distinguished neurosurgeon, Dr. Goodman has been honored with numerous awards, including Castle Connolly’s Top Doctor. In addition to his extensive training and experience, he has authored over 100 peer-reviewed manuscripts and publications in many international journals.